noone1:

Just out of curiosity, just how fast can you drive out there? Do you worry about getting a Swiss death sentence or are these areas pretty much devoid of traffic/police/whatever?

The Swiss death sentence is way overrated . You guys just get to read the big title on the sensational news . Reality is very different .  Of course we have that crazy '' death sentence '' law ( that is actually at the moment being discussed at the parlement and will be corrected and made much softer )  .  But this '' death sentence'' is only when you drive extremely fast . On A/B roads you need to be at least 60 km/h over the speed limit , on the highway 80 km/h over the speed limit .    Your license is also in jeopardy when driving above 30 km/h on A/B roads , 35 km/h on the highway .

On top of that you can 10 km/h on your speedo that will be deducted ( between your car not being correct and the legal correction )  .  

So, on the  roads you see in my pics I can drive up to 119 km/h without loosing my driver's licence .

These passes, are B roads . So they are not main roads, not much traffic, hardly ever any speed check  . Also , most of it are pretty tight  roads, so when doing 90 km/h or maybe 100 km/h you are actually at the limit of what is reasonable  to drive without risking ending in the ditch .   You can have loads of fun , if you know where to go .  Passes like the Furka , Grimsel etc.... are different . They are A roads, loads of traffic , one needs to drive much faster to have pleasure and they are much more often checked by the Police . 

Also , I did my drive both ways ..... so one way one does it at a reasonable speed, and if clear of radars, you know your way back can be as much fun as you dare Smiley

The other thing about Switzerland is that we have lots of fixed radars , mainly on the highways, in the city and some A roads  . So once you know where they are, you just lift your foot at those places .  Random speed controls on B roads do happen, but you don't come across them every day . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS