Quote:
GT2ETR said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:

Honestly, I would kindly ask you to explain your above statements.

Do you imply that my information is completely wrong, as I believe you write...

The specs in my post are from Ruf directly. They are the basis of a potential purchase of this car and were provided in writing. Thus, if they told me downright nonsense that would cause Ruf legal problems.

Now, I am waiting for your explanation

P.S.: A personal advice - you may profit more from reading about certain facts than posting unfounded statements

MKSGR

I am not implying anything really, I am confirming that if RUF told you that by going with a shorter 6th gear you can gain 2 seconds on a 0-300kph, they are wrong. To do that , your final gear would need to be much shorter than 300kph. I can give you the right number (top speed achievable), it will take me sometime to calculate it.

Obviously I have noting to prove, you can take it as an opinion, but if you would like to have certainty, I suggest you go for the change, put the datalogger in your car, measure, and if the numbers are right, then you have won 2 seconds, if they are not, have them compensate you, sounds fair?

RUF are some of the best out there and will honour their claims, but they need to be challenged, just like any other business.

As far as reading is concerned, I hope I can learn things here, and also hope I can dispute some of the data I disagree with. Thank you

One interesting fact regarding the shorter gearing: I exchanged information with a guy who has a car specced like a Rt12 (same engine, drive train, AWD etc.). This chap has the shorter gearing installed in his car. And indeed, his car is faster than a Rt12 with longer gearing. 2s translates into 4-5 car lengths. This is basically confirmed by him...

In essence, the 2s advantage seems to be reliable