noone1:

Tesla isn't going anywhere in the premium space. I predict abysmal Mission E sales for years due to non-competitive pricing.

The EV market is going to grow grow grow. Tesla won't be leaving any segment of it.

The Mission E will be competitively priced at Tesla S levels, incl. various performance variants (similar to Tesla S variants). Only that it is going to be a Porsche with better quality, especially in the interior. 

I see only one problem with the Mission E, especially outside Europe: Charging stations. Tesla already has many of them, not sure how Porsche will handle that, especially since the Tesla chargers are not compatible with the Mission E (as far as I heard).

Also, Audi is supposed to introduce at the same time even cheaper ELVs for the mass market in the US, not even talking about the various models plant by BMW and Mercedes.

This is going to be interesting but one thing is for sure: Tesla is going to come under immense pressure over the next couple of years. Let's see how clever Elon Musk reacts to that.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)