RC:

My local Porsche dealer has a barely used (no track usage) 991.1 GT3 RS with only 1000 km onboard. Owner tried to sell it for over 220k for months, then the price dropped to slightly under 210k and now it is under 200k (198k or so). Nobody seems to be interested in this car. When the new 991.2 GT3 RS shows up, the value of this car will drop instantly by another 10-20k, at least.

I think this is the one to watch when looking at this ridiculous fragile "overs" market, with the rumours/estimations/factual quotes of 4000+ units in the market place the car is not really ever going to be a collectors piece and whilst it may be purchased for a short ownership "bit of fun/experience" it surely is not a car to be held onto (not until the prices become stable at an appropriately depreciated level circa £80K IMO) a big issue in this for me is the engine, Porsche are making big developments to every new model with the new GT3 having an engine which instantly turns the GT3RS engine into an old tech one off....I think this is the first Porsche whose current (still) stratospheric asking price will rapidly tumble at the first twitch of rate rises/recession/sentiment....

I see the same scenario for the GT2RS if they make a lot (a level prob more than 3000) of them, basically if people are not going to seriously collect them then where is the underpinning demand ? most people will not want to drive something which looks like this on the street due to garish looks and/or being impractical certainly not if they fear that their purchase will be a normal depreciating car.

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN