964C2:

If the Mission E can hit the market in the Tesla S price range, the Tesla will become history!

I really think (and hope) that the Mission-E will be a success, but this "game over" and "tesla will be history" thing is a bit far fetched.

- Charging infrastructure remotely close to convenience of Teslas Supercharger network?
- Tesla stand still and does not develop and improve (interior/facelift) the Tesla Model S for the next 3 years?
- Porsche can deliver enough volumes according to demand in 2020?
- Porsche will have no issues with their first gen EVs?
- Range? Porsche say 500km+ NEDC in 2020, Model S 100D is rated at 632km today...
- Sales organization at Porsche? Should they sell the a Mission-E or a Panamera? It will be difficult times in the showrooms to advice the customer having one leg in the past and the other in the future. The customer that really wants a Mission-E, but can't get one due to restricted volumes, will that customer buy a Panamera E-hybrid instead? Or maybe just not buy anything and wait? Or buy something from a competitor? Hmm...

No doubt Mission-E will have the nicer looks and interior, but there are lot's of other things that needs to happen being able to outsell the competition. For die hard Porsche fans, the Mission-E will be the natural choice, but for many others, I'm not so sure. Just in the same way that Panamera does not dominate the sedan market.

Tesla sell about 50k Model S this year and I doubt Porsche will be close to these figures in 2020 or 2021 for the Mission-E independent of price point. What's the annual sales figure for Panamera? 10k?