Quote:
Robut Rarecar said:
Brinkers
The point of complaining about RMS leaks isn't the failure of the seal itself but the consequences of it. Out of warranty expenses, hassle for owners and so on.
BTW I find the tone in some parts of your posts to be deplorable.

I understand that. I'm merely suggesting that the consequences of it are not so severe (Especially bearing in mind that a defective case is not a consequence of a leaking RMS). I think the most serious consequence is the potential need for a clutch replacement, which would be relatively rare given the small size of the typical leak. The leak should be noticed and repaired long before it can affect the clutch.

Certainly no one wants to pay out-of-warranty expenses, or hassle with taking the car to the shop, but you wouldn't want to do that with any other problem in the car, either. I don't think the RMS "issue" rises above that level.

BTW, I don't understand why a person can kick a fence and make a dog bark, but only the dog is blamed for making noise. My tone was not unprovoked, but I'm the only one chastised for making provocative statements?

Anyway, I assure you you'll have nothing to deplore from me in the future.