Quote:
Scree said:
Quote:
Your right about the color. I disagree about styling. Show me a 10-15 year old Ferrari and see if it has a remblance to the 360. Now look at Ron's picture of three generations of Porsche's. The 30 year model looks like the 997!!!

Nick, my point was that for most 911 owners/admirers, the tradition and heritage is in the styling, the way the color red is the tradition for Ferrari.

It's (partly) why the 928 didn't succeed as the 911 successor, and how the 911 will always remain the symbol for Porsche's vitality, as long as it remains relatively consistent in design.

However, I do think it'd be worth it for Porsche to build a mid-engined mini-Carrera GT that's pricier than the 911, but lighter and more agile. (The Boxster doesn't count because it's positioned as an entry-level roadster)

-=Scree=-

I know where you are going with this. However thing about the most successful years at Porsche. 1999 until now. Why?

Boxster new model

Some what radical deviation in styling in 996 with new water cooled engine

Model Variations of the revolutuonary 996

All equal record sales. When Porsche steps away from the traditional design it becomes successful. The 997 is a step back.

I agree that the CGT is a leap forward which hopefully Porsche will build upon. It is a terrific looking car and if they price it right, make it driveable for the average and above average sport enthusiast, they could sell another 10,000 within a year.

The CGT should be the template for all future Porsche's.