Whoopsy:
AP911:

It looks really nice, the exterior has design cues that remind me of the Carrera GT. 

Tesla should be proud and worried at the same time. Proud because Porsche is testing the Mission E against Teslas. 

Worried because someone who pays $100K for a Tesla will have no problem paying $130K for a Porsche. Porsche will steal a lot of Tesla's current customers so maybe Tesla should focus on the Model 3 and compete with Chevy.  

This. 

Tesla needs to move down market to survive. They have the giant battery factory to crank out batteries for a reasonable cost and they will have the cost advantage to the value cars like i3 and Chevy Bolt.

Yes, this is actually the only chance to survive...mass production of lower priced cars.

If they want to stay at the top segment they will need to up their fit and finish and interior quality by a couple folds while holding the price the same. 

True but even now, they barely make profit, so how could they up the quality at same price? Impossible.

My VW Golf R basically has the same if not better quality interior than a Tesla. 

Very true indeed. "Typical American" car I'd say and you guys know that I love the US but in this case, this is true. American car makers just seem to have issues with interiors, for whatever reason. They should do like the Chinese do (in other segments): Copy. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)