Carlos from Spain:

RC gets the 911 perfectly, his taste and preferences have just moved away from the 911, which is normal we don't always look for the same things all the time, he will likely come back to the 911 later on eventually again, as well as to other sporstcars. That is not your case.

Smiley I still like the 911 a lot and don't think there are many alternatives. In my opinion, there are no alternatives to the GT3 and GT3 RS for example. Audi could have made one (using the excellent racing basis R8...it shares over 51% of parts with the LMS racing version, which is more than Porsche GT3 models share with their racing parts Smiley) but since they didn't seem to care and now VW Group put a lid on the R8, the GT3/RS are without any competition. The Huracan Performante is an exotic, it could be a competitor but in a different price range I'm afraid. Again, VW Group wants to keep the cars separate (from a model policy point of view), so...

AMG GT-R? Very nice offer from AMG, indeed but I still would opt for a GT3/GT3RS instead...or a Huracan Performante. N/a engines offer something turbo charged engines will never provide...throttle response and a general responsiveness of the engine which is just amazing fun.

So yes, I am still into the 911 but I'm afraid Porsche doesn't build the one 911 I would want now...a GT2 RS with AWD, a 700 hp n/a engine and the interior of the 992. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)