noone1:
996FourEss:

The whole point about 911s is (1) Rear engine (2) 2+2 seating (3) follows function (4) wide haunches (5) no straight lines (6) upright windscreen for excellent visibility (7) every day useability (8) boxer engine (9) evolution in design NOT revolution.... , in no particular order. Means design Brief is what it is and the car essentially designs itself each and every generation. I like the similarities and the common thread through 50 + years of cars so the 992looks like a fine continuation of this 

What do these things have to do with interiors that are dated and used in every single Porsche model under the sun? Porsche just laughs all the way to the bank as they give you a $150K car with the same interior as a $50K car. It's not because it makes sense or is part of the brand, it's because they know people buy the badge to the point that they don't need to do anything exciting with the interior.

The make nice concepts and then actually delivery boring shit interiors. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 992 ends up with a giant Panamera center console and screen, more or less just crammed in there.

i like Porsche interiors, actually think they are the best in the business. i like the old interior of my 993 4S where i can touch the dash with my hand when it is resting on the top of the steering wheel, but i also like how things have modernized as well and think the latest interiors are designed by people who are proschephiles and have designed them to be how they would want them to be. only slight improvement could be a HUD.