Carlos from Spain:

If a 720S and a Performante are side by side and were allowed to grab the keys I would not even look to the 720S, would go straight to the Performante. 

The720S may be faster in a straight line, but you can't really use the difference in the real world public roads, except for short acceleration bursts at high speed in the highway were the 720S may pull away from a Performante, but that gets boring quick, maybe impressed by it when I was younger and starting to experience cars it was exiting, but not now nor do I care about bragging rights (and if I want real jaw dropping acceleration I can buy a sportbike). 

The rest of the time the Performante is the car to drive and enjoy, the sound, tge rawness and that glorious engine... it's like comparing a half pound hamburger with a quarter pound steak, the hamburger meat give you more meat but the steak is in a different class.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Very well said... Smiley

I like the 720S a lot but I think people are mostly impressed by the sheer power, straight line performance and of course that amazing exotic sportscar feel the car provides. I also like McLaren's sense for details...

It would be definitely in my dream car garage (if I could afford one Smiley). 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)