pcosta:

I have PDK in both my Macan Turbo and in my 2016 GTS 4
I love it on my Macan but I don't like it on my GTS. The problem is not just the PDK, Porsche has perfected the ride on the 911 so much that it now feels like a Mercedes C Class.

So it is the combination of eletrical steering, PDK and how smooth the GTS is, and how much horsepower you are getting, but the emotion is lacking and you only begin to have fun at about 20 miles above the speed limit.

I think the GT3.2 will be more involving, especially with a manual, but I may be disappointed, in which case my only alternative will be to go back to the 997.

PDK is an incredible transmission, in spirited drive it downshifts like crazy and you're never upset that it is not in the right gear.

But when you are looking for greater involvement, the manual is one of the elements, that will help you feel more connected to the car.

I don't track my cars. Have gone to a couple of Porsche DE and thoroughly enjoyed it. But tracking is not what I'm looking for.

I've been driving a manual since I was 17 in a Volkswagen Beetle in Brazil (that's all that it was available) and don't feel more os less manly when driving a manual. But there is no question that for me the manual gives me more involvement with the car.

--

2016 Carrera 4 GTS Jet Black,

2016 Macan Turbo Agata Grey,

2012 Infiniti G370 Grey,

2014 Mercedes E350 Steel Gray

Smiley My daily driver is a 2017 Cayenne and like you have been driving a manual transmission since I was  in my teens. VW Beetle through college. I purchased a 2016 Carrera GTS with MT and just enjoy spirited drives with it. If I were to purchase a track car definitely would do a PDK. 

--

2014 Porsche 991 C4S Black with Sports Design Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York