It looks like everyone here thinks the 997 is a great daily commute car, I will be a contrarian and offer another point of view.

The 997 is a great car. I have had mine for a couple of years and enjoy it a lot. It is a car that when driven is fantastic. But, I don't like to use it on my commute.

The first year I owned my C2S I drove it to the office every day for a number of months. Day after day of sitting in traffic in the Porsche just was not any fun. After a while I just stopped taking the Porsche and took another car.

Now I drive the car on weekends and at night when the weather is good. I enjoy the car more and love to drive it hard. The car is just so good on twisty roads, everything just sings so perfectly together.

My daily commute is about 30 miles each way. At least 15 miles of which are in heavy traffic. During my commute I enjoy having a cup of coffee. It is also a time to make phone calls. Both of these were not ideal in the Porsche. First, the coffee cup holders are not great. There has been many a day where the coffee ended up all over the PCM and dash. Talking on the phone and shifting never really worked either for me. I tried a hands free, but the ambiant noise in the car made it hard for people to hear.

In the cold rain that we experience in this part of the world, the car never felt completely safe, probably because of the tires. All in all, the C2S nevery really worked as a daily commute car.

There are a good number of people at my office that drive their 911's and boxsters summer and winter, rain or shine and in the ice and snow. They have no problems and enjoy their cars on the commute. So the car can be used as an everyday driver.

But, I think the 911 is better suited as sports car to enjoy when the only purpose is too enjoy the drive. For the commute, give me my cup holders, a quiet ride, AWD and an automatic transmission.

If I did not like coffee, did not make a lot of phone calls and there was little stop and go traffic and I had a great road to drive on, the 997 would be the car of choice. But my reality is not so ideal.