No need to apologise RC, there is an explosion of "unofficial" official info on the 997 and its only normal some things might get mixed up

I not surprised since it didn't make sense to develope a new F6 engine for the 997S instead of increasing bore just like in 2002 996 facelift.

Quote:
I've been told the the RMS leaks have disappeared, even if it wasn't a very common M96 problem.

wasn't very common? you are kidding me right? can you think of any other mechanical complaint that plagued more all the 996/boxster boards of the net over these years? every week I see is a confused new owner asking worried about the oil he found on his gargare floor

Anyway, the fact that the RMS issue has been solved remains a mistery since Porsche has lied continuously about this and its not the first time they say this along the life of the 996 too, remember the "new" RMS ring in 2002 promised to solve the RMS issue too for example? well, it didn't, they kept on leaking just the same on the new 3.6l engines and 3.4l fitted with that new seal. I will only believe that its solved when I see no complains of RMS from the new 997 owners during the first year of production,and many of us will be watching very closely. Of course officially such a problem doesn't exist for Porsche which makes me wonder why a new seal was developed in 2002 for it and Porsche lied to the dealers so they would tell the owners that it fixed it (because Porsche can't say anything themselves on the RMS since it doesn't exist in the first place ) and why a new tool was especificically developed for this issue for the measurement of adecuate crankshaft bore concentricity, and why some RMS are repaired for free out of warranty (not in Spain), etc.

Any info at least on what they changed in the 997S engine to fix the RMS issue to back up that claim again? though its not very confidence inspiring if they start by saying that "it wasn't very common anyway"