I have to apologize for the false information I posted a few days ago but it was based on a technical info I received.
To make things clear: the 997 S engine is an overworked M96 engine, it is practically the same engine as in the 997 Carrera but not only with a displacement increase but some other minor differences too. Overall, it is the same engine, not a completely new development.

I'm sorry for the false information but the 997 is very new and I just started to "collect" all available official and unofficial infos and trust me, this isn't easy.

I'll post more details about the 997 S and 997 Carrera engine tonight and maybe this weekend.

Actually I'm very happy to hear that because this means the 997 Turbo/GT3 engine will be based on the "bullet proof" current 996 GT3/Turbo engine.
Of course this doesn't mean the 997 engine is bad and surprise, surprise, I've been told the the RMS leaks have disappeared, even if it wasn't a very common M96 problem.

BTW: the technical improvements of the 997 S are very interesting, I'll post details over the next few days.