Thank you all for the input. The mini is definitely a good bang for the buck, that is why i'm considering it.

Hurst, I loved the mini. very fun car, especially the interior. the handling was very good too, albeit needed a anti-sway bar. The acceleration , somewhat disappointing.

The thing is , the car has to represent my attitude. I'm a yes/no person at work. Like to get things done my way, quick and fast. This is why i need the acceleration to be quick when im in work mode. anything below 5.5secs simply wont cut it for me. I like the rush when im on to something, following up on an idea, going to a meeting, zipping thru traffic to get my sh*t done the way i want it to be done.

The Evo and sti are my first choices. but the new sti looks like crap and the EVO 10 is going take a long time to be released as the sales guy is even clueless. i just want a cheap,reliable, heavy duty, sporty 4 seater that does 0-60 in <5.5 and can do 220km on a daily basis. Im open to tuning the car f it's been proven to be reliable.