I wish that you are correct, but deep down I don't think so. I spoke to my dealer in London and He stated that he will give me a call so that I could spec my car in May. The facelift is coming out in Sept 07 trust me on this ! Porsche are not obliged in anyway to please their customers, it's either you buy thier car or you get something else ! This is the reason they don't give discounts on new cars. For the press to be able to have a glimpse of the facelift means that the car is ready to be rolled out. No car manufacturer will allow pictures of their upcoming car to be seen 12 months before release, I'm sure this we all know.
I agree that it is a hard stone to swallow for people who have just bought c2s,c4s and so on, but Porsche have to keep up with the competition i.e the v8 vantage, M3 etc. Some people have said on the forum that these carsare not competition for Porsche since they are heavier cars and don't handle well.Unfortunately Porsche doesn't look at it in that way, the V8 vantage will still a few customers who like the looks of a Vantage than the handling of a 911, some may say that the power in a M3 is more than a 911S and so on.
So guys expect the release of the facelift in sept 07 with LEDs, 20-25 more hp and DI. PDK I'm not sure of, my guess is that Porsche will leave PDK for the 998 if it is called that.