noone1:
Whoopsy:

For occasional hard driving, the current crop of turbo V8s are fine cooling wise, the 488 is pushing just about 170HP per litre and the 720S is doing 180HP per litre.

But for sustained hard driving, they will all overheat. Those cars are simply not designed to be stressed for a prolonged period of time. Just like a Tesla can do amazing drag runs a couple times in a row but it cannot do it all day like a say 911 Turbo S the can do 0-something hard launches 100+ times in a row without breaking.

One reason why Porsche took off HP in the GT2RS and added water injection cooling to it. It is pushing 184HP per litre, slightly more than the McLaren, but Porsche know their customers will be running their car hard, very hard, hell they test their own cars hard too. Porsche have a bulletproof reputation on the track. Go to any track days, most cars running will be Porsches, and these will be the cars that keep on running all day without problems. The other also-ran likely won't last the whole day, either brake problems, overheating or broken parts. 

On my track, the Corvettes and Vipers will have their hood up to vent the engine after every 20 mins sessions, some can't even last the whole session. The Bimmers would have electronic issues, the Nissan GTR will have heat issues before the end of the sessions and Mercedes will have brake problems. The McLarens would overheat and go into limp mode. My own Ferrari's brake pads can't last a whole day, and the brake fluid in the Lambo is not up to par, it was fresh new fill from annual service and they still boil and pedal went soft and all the way down after only running in the morning. My track is pretty much a torture chamber that separate the men from the boys. Summer time it's 34+ degrees every day with asphalt temperature above 50 degrees, with very high speed straights and heavy braking for the slow corners. 

Hell GM already booked to come back and test their cars after they did the launch of the Camaro ZL1 1LE. They were that impressed. 

There is no indication that any of the above cars aside from maybe the Z06 has any overheating problems on track days.

Argue all you want, I see them everyday at the track. 

--