Quote:
Georges G. Hayek said:
Quote:
Gnil said:
Quote:
JFT said:
Try a 997 GT3/RS before comitting adultery.

I agree.. try a GT3 before !

I have already driven a Tip 997TT, it was a big disappointment for me, not much feeling involved. I guess that the GT3 / RS would give another and more aggressive driving sensation but yet again, it's another 911 but with more power...
I am too a Porsche enthusiast, this is my second P. but driving that f1 f430 made me discover new horizons.
The question for you JFT and Gnil, have you tried the f430? I bet you'll understand me...

I have tried the F430 and also a 360. They are very sensual expeiences to drive, especially the F430. However, and there are no 2 ways about this, the GT3/RS experience is much more profound in the long run. The depth of engineering and the quality feel of the whole car. This said, if you never track the car and are mainly looking for that special feeling road driving car, very little compares to a modern Ferrari / Lambo. But if you want the best built car that puts a huge smile on your face every time you drive it then it's got to be a GT3! An 430 just can't keep up. 599 is another story...

Oh, and the 997TT is a completely different car with it's own pros and cons. If it's a more engaging, visceral experience you're after, a 997TT Tip is not a move in the right direction for you.