Quote:
Schumi Jr. said:
If I can continually put the screws to new and old GT3 in a C2S, I can't help but think that it's (for the most part) about the driver, not the car. There, I've said it.

Pretty much.

The problem is a modern car with electronic gizmos can only teach you to do so many things while it takes care of the rest. So when you jump into a car that doesn't have these aids you instantly get rid of that fairly large margin for error that was built in. Because you don't have the inherent basics of car control down pat.

The best way to really learn how to control a car on the track is to learn with a slow, underpowered, narrow tired, totally drivers aid free car (eg. buy a 944 and use that on the track for the 1st year or so). You have to do EVERYTHING. No ABS, traction control etc. Having to learn how to corner on the edge so that you keep momentum...

Then when you jump into a GT3 you actually have MORE margin for error than you're used to! more tires, more aids and you're not a point and shoot, stop for the corners driver (that all too many beginner/intermediate high powered car drivers are).

There's only one way to learn how to drive on the edge, at 10/10ths and that's to do it. Unfortunatly 10/10ths in a GT3 is pretty fast. Also 9/10ths feels just like 7/10ths. There is less of a lead up to the edge, and the edge is much narrower than that 944.