Quote:
997GT2 said:
Quote:
Mithras said:
If you are going to track the car with any regularity (by this I mean more than a handful of times in total throughout the length of ownership) and do not have much need for the so called seats in the back, get the half cage.

It is bolted into the chassis and will significantly strengthen and stiffen the car. It can be put in and out though it takes around an hour. If you are going to use harnesses in the car it is a must and new PCA regulations will NOT allow you to use harnesess without a roll bar and proper seats.

I'm not sure to have the roll cage or not.

I am gonna own the car for a long time and gonna track it 10-20 times per year.

So mainly for street use.

Will you be using the Carbon buckets or stock sport seats? Are you going to use 5-6-7 point harnesses?

If you're tracking it 10-20 times a year I would assume that you would want harnesses but I know many very good and very fast drivers that don't bother (they however will never be able to fully wring their cars out and will always be leaving something on the table). At a certain point, driving with full race harnesses allows you to worry about driving and not staying in the seat (and stops you from hanging on to the steering wheel and using for what it's made for - Steering!)

If you do choose to use harnesses, there is only one answer, you HAVE to have the cage (or other suitable harness bar, but why not get the other benefits of the cage at the same time?) and you HAVE to have either the Carbon 1 piece GT3 seats or a suitable substitute. Under no circumstances should you drive the car with a harness and stock sport seats, it's safer to use the 3-point ones.

You can use the stock seats and belts with a cage. It won't hold you in the seat any better, but you will be safer in a roll or heavy impact and the car will be stiffer.