pmarkow:
reginos:
pmarkow:
reginos:

I love how the GT2RS looks. It creates the same impression as the 993 GT2 back in the 90s.

A GT Silver car with the Weissach paket line along the bonnet and roof looks fantastic.

This car looks like the fully functional speed machine which it is and it offers something completely different to the other 700 PS cars from Italy and the UK which follow the known and repeated pattern.

really funny statement......is there any more 'known and repeated pattern' than 911s?

I should have said configuration or perhaps layout and styling.

The 911 (whether we like it or we think this is justified or not) is a legend among  cars, a piece of automotive history, the archetypical sportscar and road car based racing car.

The success of the 911 is the envy of any sportscar manufacturer. It would have been stupid for Porsche to stop the evolution of this model, despite sarcasms and ironies.

I.000.000 buyers since the 60s cannot be wrong.

there are many examples in history where millions of people were wrong.

.....but in the case of a product, not for such a length of time. Someone cannot simply fool thousands of people to wrongly buy an automobile model for 54 years.

i own a 911 myself but i need to be put under enormous pressure to say it is a good-looking car, i try to keep good taste in spite of my ridiculous investment in porsche.  but it is a useless discussion. the hundreds of 911 configurations sell mainly because people believe they buy sporty individualism with it. i find that pretty funny .......

Even detractors like you see the worth Smiley

--

"Form follows function"