Quote:
aah986 said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
aah986 said:
Quote:
turboAD said:
That is exactly what im trying to find out, whether our cars are fitted with an electronic speed limiter or not. I may be hitting the rev limiter however the pic shows that im hitting around 6500 rpms at max speed.

I got the answer today from my tuner. he has been tuning porsche turbo engines for over 20 years. He said the 997TT has over 12 limiters including rev limiters for each gear and neutral and reverse PLUS a speed limiter.
The fact that you are hitting a limiter before redline means that your ecu tune did not include a bump of the speed limiter, even if you have a bump of the rev limiter.
The program I have is supposed to have a bumped rev PLUS speed limiter and the car's top speed would be limited either by drag or redline.
Frankly, a speed limiter on a TT is a cheap shot from porsche even if it was close to the rev limit.
Glad I got rid of it.

Honestly, I think your tuner is telling you BS.

As stated by mumbasic each and every 997TT (manual and Tip) should reach a top-speed of 325-326kph (based on speedo). The limit is set by the rev limiter.

If your (tuned) car hits some other limiter this is probably a bug of the package the tuner installed in your car. A frequent problem of less renowned tuners is that their software and hardware updates might be full of flaws and bugs.

Just ask RC about his experience with a cheap tuning product he had in one of his cars years ago...

My personal advice would be to either do no tuning at all or to consult quality producers (like RS, RUF). Such a fine car as the 997TT should get the best upgrade possible

Look, I don't know if your post is in response to mine or turboAD, but I posted the information I got from a reputable US tuner. If you have a problem with that, fine but no need to accuse someone of BS if you are not sure 100%.
Also, I never said the car's top speed is not limited by the revs, both limiters seem very close that it might be difficult to rule out one or the other as the true limiter. TurboAd has an extended rev limiter but that did not help him because something else was holding the car (speed limiter).
Tuning a "fine" car like the TT can be risky, I agree, but it if you can't afford the consequences, don't do it. Otherwise do it and enjoy it, I have been enjoying my "not so cheap tune" for over 7000 miles, that's 11000 km for you...

You know, one thing is evident: your tuner does not seem to know that the 997TT (without any tuning) hits the rev limiter at a indicated speed of around 325-326kph (corresponding to a real top speed of 310-311kph).

Now, if he does not know that how could one think that he is a quality tuner?