SciFrog:

In the end, it is the high margin moto that steers many people away from Porsche. I am mostly a "value" person and Porsche lost me slowly but surely, the only thing that makes sense today at Porsche is the Macan but once either a real luxury exoctic rossover comes out (Urus) or a viable full EV (Tesla Y), I will be Porsche less for the first time in 20 years... Surely I cannot be the only one Porsche will have lost over the years.

I agree with you. For the very first time for the past 20 years or so, the year 2018 could be the year when no Porsche will be in my garage anymore. This is really sad but I have no choice. Unfortunately, I do not have the financial freedom to spend whatever I want for a car and I need to set priorities in my family.

I will be looking into the 960 once it is available but since the engines become pretty much "generic" (V8 Biturbo...nothing to see here Smiley), it doesn't really matter anymore if I choose a Porsche, a McLaren, a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. Most important thing will be the love for details and general performance (which McLaren wins both hands down...) and looking at the prices, comparing a fully optioned 991.2 Turbo S with a base 720S, I know for sure what my choice would be if I had to choose a fun car. 

Still waiting for that benchmark supercar from Porsche (918 excluded): Since the time I had my 991.1 Turbo S, this "benchmark" crap is stuck in my brain and I can't get it out. I was so upset when Porsche offered a 560 hp Turbo S while Ferrari was offering the 458 successor with 670 hp. Both are priced quite close to each other in Germany. I never understood Porsche because I expected them to be ahead of the game, not at the same level or worse.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)