It's very interesting to hear your view, stewart.

I dealt with several salesmen at PC East London before I placed my own order with a German dealer. I found the salesmen at PCEL left a lot to be desired overall.

I first dealt with a guy called Bradon Jones. Just my view, but I didn't find him straightforward and helpful. In fact, I don't trust him. I found Jeremy Marriage uninterested in my questions. He gave me the impression he just wanted my order without him having to do very much work.

The only guy there whom I really liked was Jonathan Ostroff. He is a real gentleman. Very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for him. Not pushy either.

I think the top guy always sets the tone for his staff and IMO this is true of the former Sales Manager at PCEL. I didn't like him.

The situation in Servicing, however, is totally different IMO. The Service Manager is Gregory Bricher who is a gentleman. Incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.

All I can say is that IMO the London dealers (apart from Mayfair) are a little complacent. I for one don't mind shopping around for good service and value.

I also found the sales staff at Porsche Centre West London to be inadequate. They didn't even know their product. The saleswoman I once spoke to said "You boys always know what you want so you just let me know which options you want". She was utterly lazy and couldn't be bothered to discuss options or explain them. When I did try to discuss them, it was clear she didn't understand the first thing about the product. All she cared about was getting her commission.

If you need to deal with someone in London, I would recommend Mayfair. The only problem is that it is a Sales only outfit. No Service etc. The sales staff there are used to going the extra mile with more demanding customers. They appear to do this happily with no fuss.

I also found Jamie Weir at Porsche Centre Guildford very helpful. He definitely appeared to have more time to give me.

Anyhow, those are just a few impressions I got. Hope it is helpful.

I was glad I placed my order in Germany.