A couple of weeks ago, I put a deposit on a 997TT to secure a place on the list to get a build date, with an expected date around October/November.

Today, I got an email from the salesman that an immediate spot opened up. An order cancelled -- I could take that spot for an April build date and spec the car the way I wanted it. But I needed to commit and get my order in within 24 hrs.

You bet I wanted it!

Luckily, even though I had expected to have a few months to nail down my desired spec, I had a good idea what I wanted. I went to the store this evening and placed the order. I still have a day or so to make changes, though no guarantees. My lucky day!

I went with Slate Grey, black interior, black mats, heated seats, adaptive sport seats, sport chrono, lsd, rear wiper, leather rear center console with turbo logo, leather gear trim, leather door finishers, leather seat backs, and thicker steering wheel.

I'm still undecided on the sport shifter.

I read through many threads on this board to help me decide. And special thanks to Atomic for his advice. Oh, and his car was in the service bay when I was there to place the order. Sweet ride.

Now the real wait begins.