Kobalt:

Hazard lights: Yes, use them!

Smiley

I have "modified" my hazard light switch so i just can put my hand down and activate it without needing to look for it (It sits is sooo stupid in the center console of the 991's - 997: much better.) . This situation is a good example of where loosing 0.5s looking for the switch makes a difference.

Z4: Not sure he is an idiot. Maybe a bit unexperienced.

When you are unexperienced, you go slower. Smiley If you drive with a knife between your teeth and don't pay attention to the traffic in front of you, well... Smiley I bet that Z4 driver was paying more attention to what is going on behind him than in front of him. Smiley He lost maybe half a second of reaction time because he wasn't paying attention, it is quite noticeable from the video. Also, he should take a driver's ed course to learn how to brake (but I assume he had his ESP turned off as well, so...).

Note how fast Thilo reacts and turns on the hazard lights. (He's got thousands of laps on the ring.)

Yes, he is experienced but also apparently not an idiot. Smiley Although...in his shoes, I would have applied the brake much  harder and would have slowed down faster. He basically drove over the debris...Smiley Maybe he had a car or more cars behind him, so he couldn't, difficult to tell.

Of course it is always "easy" to judge from a computer screen Smiley but I really think that Z4 driver made a few mistakes.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)