Many thanks for your great write-up. I am afraid that there is only one cure now, getting your own Porsche.

As you quite rightly state, the 987 Boxster be it 2.7, 3.2 or 3.4 are more than quick enough for UK roads. We are on our second 987 now and we just can't really find fault with them. We've had no problems (other than my current car has a tad more windnoise around the passenger door seal), is superbly comfortable, the build quality is exemplary apart from aluminium coloured cheap plastic fittings such as the door handles, the sound of the engines, the precision quality feel of the controls, the Porsche "feel" that comes from many years of careful honing. There are other cars that you can get for around the same money, some such as the BMW Z4M or Mercedes SLK 55 AMG are quicker in a straight line but feel much the same to drive as the bread and butter cars on which they are based. None feel special at any speed or on any road like the Boxster does. Ny only regret that due to my work committments these last few months we've not driven the car anything like as much as we would have liked. But I only have a few more weeks before my work gets back to normal and sensible hours, spring is just around the corner and several European driving breaks are also not far away!