Wonderbar:

Fun posts.  I would just add that I have spent some time in my neighbor's Tesla X, which he says costs over 150K U.S.  Cool, silent, unique car--great for getting about town, going to nice restaurants, feeling quite "modern".  But it is no Porsche.  I much prefer the overall integrated and powerful feel of my Cayenne Turbo, and would certainly prefer a Panamera Turbo at approximately the same price as the X.

Exactly. Smiley I think that to some people, a Tesla definitely makes sense but these people do not love driving, they love to get from A to B in a certain way and maybe enjoy being seen in a Tesla, if you get my point. Smiley Personally, I prefer a more engaging and exciting drive and while I understand the benefits and attraction of a Tesla, especially as a daily commuter, I got so bored with my Mini JCW (which definitely produces more emotions than a Tesla) that I can barely wait to give this car back (lease). Same goes to my wife's Cayenne S Diesel: Comfy, quiet driving from A to B is definitely not my style of driving. Smiley BORING. Even my wife admits to that. Drove my R8 yesterday for two hours, came home grinning like a little boy who just got his first kiss. Smiley No Tesla can give that to me...not yet.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)