Herbaliser:
TB993tt:

I'd love some feedback from RC's sources on this....... Porsche do have form on this, Carrera GT was around 7 seconds slower than claimed 0-300. 

What sources? The same who said that 25.X is a sure think? I am willing to bet against those "sources" anytime when they claim things that defy physics. Like cutting 4-5 seconds from 0-300 with 20hp more. 

It is perfectly possible for a PDK Porsche turbo CdA 0.58 with peak power 580PS to go 200-300kph in 16.5s.

If the power curve at higher revs is similar to the one below and more importantly the hp is maintained after 250kph 

It is not defying physics, you are just looking at and comparing peak numbers and you are presuming that the hp of the 560PS engine is as robust at higher thermal load as the hp of the 580PS engine.

It seems to me that 580PS engine loses its power at the higher loading over 250kph, probably a thermal thing, Porsche used to be masters of maintaining power at high loads, I'd like to hear what RC's "sources" have to say about it ?

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar