TB993tt:
MKSGR:
RC:
Today I drove behind a brand new TTS and I turned my radio off to listen to the exhaust. What I heard was NOTHING! Hell, my Targa was louder. Also, when I drove alongside and then in front of it, the front end looked like any other 911 and this car cost over $230,000!heart

I agree, the Turbo S sounds like crap but I never believed Porsche when they said this is what customers want...until Markus told me and many other Turbo/S owners I met. They seem to be perfectly happy with the sound, so I guess I know now why I moved on. Smiley Smiley

Absolutely - love how the car sounds. The 488 sounds good as well. And the 720s as well. Different sounds - all nice Smiley

I agree with this, when the 991.2 Turbo S has the switch turned to nutter mode is does sound fabulous inside the cabin, a mixture of mega induction, some rorty exhaust, and presumably piped faked music noises as well Smiley, but sounds manic..... from the outside who really cares ? I know when I do my tunnel drive through test in the 991 Turbo S with all the windows down, nutter mode full throttle revving out to 7 in second/third it sounds like Armageddon. Makes me wonder what some of you guys want, are you wanting more sound for the posing to others outside the car ? Surely that is the only benefit of an overtly loud exhaust ? 

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

Smiley