RC:
noone1:
KresoF1:

After three full acceleration runs range was 90km.

You're lying by the way.

I do not think he is lying. Tesla S P100D...full throttle extravaganza and range 170 km as far as I remember. I did the ludicrous mode only once (there was some warning in the display I do not quite recall anymore, overheating or heat buildup or something like that). I can imagine that with the P90D and a couple of ludicrous starts, the range drops to 90 km, not very unlikely.

It's like saying that a Panamera Turbo have a consumption of 3.5l/10km. Yes, it does have that consumption if you drive it on the track very hard. And for the instant moment when you do several 0-200km/h accelerations it will consume even more during that short period of time. If you pace at 250km/h it will for sure consume over 2l/10km.

The difference is that Tesla have several graphs that show consumptions from different perspective and calculate range based on the value you input. You can set it from instant, 10km, 25km, 50km and several other settings. So if you set it to instant consumption and would like to predict range based on that, yes the graph might show 90km range pretty quick because it calculate that based on instant driving pattern. But that figure is not very relevant anyway. It's comparable to the 3,5l/10km for a Panamera driven hard.

And  no, Tesla is not a track car and supposed to be driven full throttle longer times. But no one have ever said that either and there are no owners who expect their cars to perform on the track. There are other tools for that. Just because I like to wear smoking at a party doesn't mean that the dress needs to be suitable for hiking. I don't need to buy a Silicon Graphics computer for web browsing, etc... There is no one size fits all. The Tesla happen to fit a lot of peoples needs for a daily driver and I there is no wrong with that. For those who doesn't like it there are other cars to buy :)