Carlos from Spain:
RC:

I agree, the Turbo S sounds like crap but I never believed Porsche when they said this is what customers want...until Markus told me and many other Turbo/S owners I met. They seem to be perfectly happy with the sound, so I guess I know now why I moved on. Smiley Smiley

Still, I don't think the lack of sound on a sportscar like the Turbo was on purpose for that reason, they simply werent able to make it better due to the VTG and used the fact that "some" customers prefer a lack of sound as an excuse, otherwise they would of simply used flaps for on / off sound and satisfy all customers.

I want to believe this as well but many really seem to enjoy the "stealthy" performance of the Turbo S. Smiley

Best example: We drove in a group through a city in Austria. Front car was a Turbo S. At a stop light, after it turned green, he fully accelerated (and way beyond the speed limit of 50 kph in that town). I was behind him and accelerated as well up to 50 or 55 kph Smiley and immediately received my usual middle finger and fist in the air from a young woman and an older guy. Smiley OK, group driving is always a bit provoking but that Turbo S guy was doing at least 80 when he put the foot on his brakes. Nobody cared. Best car to drive fast without being noticed. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)