The thing about carbon interior is you choose it because you like the look obviously waaaaay better (because it costs alot) than the standard aluminum trim pieces.

I think the interior is too bizzy and like the darker carbon to get rid ot those alumimum highlights. The alumimum trim pieces attract alot of attention yet they are nearly insignificant.

The nice thing about carbon is it represents the latest high tech advancement in engineering a race car.

It's nice to have touches of the fascinating composite material surrounding you in the interior, right? For the same human reason as having a disk brake as a clock, or a piston on your desktop. May not be totally functional but is a pleasure to be live with or be surrounded by.

Beside being a darker alternative to annoying aluminum trim, I think the carbon package is great because it represents the innovative material's amazing physical properties and Porsche made it look beautiful.

Pi**es me off that they charge an absurd amount of money for it though. E.g. I'm not paying us$1000 for a clock made from a disk brake rotor.