Quote:
bondmid003 said:
Quote:
mawyatt said:
When the new Viper arrives I'm not so sure it be King, the GT2 will be here as well. However neither the Viper or GT2 is a daily drive car which the Z06 is and even more so the 997TT. To me the King is a car I can drive daily to and from work in all weather conditions and go long trips, IMO the Viper has never been a daily drive. Being an engineer that ownes a 997TT, I've always been impressed with the engineering Porsche accomplishes. How many years (since the mid 60s) have we heard that the 911 can't compete with other sports cars because of it's rear bias and small flat 6? Yet Porsche engineers seem to find a way the make the 911 better and better, and still today it is considered the icon of sports cars.

The Viper leans heavly towards the track, the Z06 near the middle (maybe a little towards the track) and Porsche 997TT in the middle a little more towards the street (GT style).

All are great cars where they are targeted, however I wouldn't crown the Viper King just yet. We may all get spanked by some kid in a tuned Skyline GTR someday!!

Mike

Well said, and I can only imagine the pissing contests that will ensue here and over at Corvetteforum when the new Viper comes out.

I don't think we'll have to be worried about some teenager in a GTR anytime soon. With a $70K price tag I doubt many of them will be able to afford it!

The Pissing contests will ensue, It won't matter much the 08 Viper will "Smoke" The Z, end of story.