We all have differing views, which is what a forum is about. I will just add my two cents. I have owned Porsches of many descriptions for over 40 years now, and can without exagerration say that over that entire period, Porsches have been compared to something that was going to knock it off its perch. Corvettes, Camaros, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Jaguars, BMWs, just to name a few. The 911 series has always stayed slightly ahead (in the mid-80s it fell periously close to falling behind in my view). It has never been the "super king" that we may have wished it to be, but it has always stayed ahead. And having owned four turbos over the years, I can say without reservation that they have always been compared to the big corvettes, with the "you can buy 2 corvettes for the price of one turbo and get identical performance, etc., etc).

IMHO, Porsche is more ahead now than ever. The management is superb, the products terrific (the Boxster needs some real change in my view), the profits soaring which means more money for research, development and service. When I visited the factory a week or so ago, the production line was going full speed--Carreras, Turbos, GT3s, GT3RSs, and the close friends I have who work there are enthusiastic, even inspired by the company's success. These are people with great pride and with great allegiance to Porsche, and are determined to make the company and its products better and better.

(As an aside, I saw several white turbos and my contacts at the factory say that white is now more popular than ever).

Is the competition fierce? Yes. Has it always been? Yes. Is Porsche financially and technologically prepared to stay ahead? I say yes, now more than ever.