Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
Quote:
shin said:
Well, one can say that the 'Audi' R8 is really an 'Audi-Lamborghini' Gallardo wuth a smaller engine. Even the Gallardo will be upgraded wuth the new suspension from the R8.

Mid-engined, alumunium spaceframe, I think the R8 is more Lamborghini than it is an Audi.

Well. If it is more a Lambo than an Audi, why put an Audi badge on it?
I hear what u are saying, and u are right. Technically.
But again - the mere fact that a new R8 owner has to "explain" that this car is actually almost a Lambo (a more attractive brand than Audi) is the very core of the problem.
U dont hear Lambo-owners having to explain or excuse the fact that Lambo is in the Audi family.

Like I said before: Audi may have built a great sportscar, and I am sure it technically is.
However, I doubt very much that it will be able to compete against the "real" sportscar makers and their products once potential buyers have to make real- life decisions.

True, but only if one is concerned so much about the brand of their car. To me, for a performance car, the 'technicalities' (read : performance) is much more important than the 'brand' itself (read : image).

I guess it goes back to the reason one gets a supercar in the first place : to talk about it in the pub/with the neighbors and explain the heritage the brand has, or to simply drive the hell out of it, let the badge covered in dirt and enjoy the experience.

Just my two cents.