Quote:
KiwiCanuck said:
Hello excmag,

This from the hyperbolic KC-----I have sent, by Canadian pigeon, a letter to the Editor. I deliberately avoid a PC at home, to escape the beastly thing, and so found a pigeon last weekend. I think it flew south.......

Yes, well......'serious' was not meant to imply a likely cause for accidents---although an inexperienced driver sensing this for the first time, and if near the limits of adhesion, could thus 'lose it'...... IMHO....and 964C2 has yet to feel that lateral shift----or is the 964 like that anyway?....joking, not intended to be crtical of that fine car..........

But for a $115K car, with the name Carrera, the resulting feeling of sloppiness in the 997-PASM is, frankly, inexcusable. It sours (taints), as you said, ones 'feeling' for the car.

PAG could easily have sent out a bulletin suggesting owners bring in their cars for 'checking', The 'assembly numbers' must be known by now ------- let's see ---- that is $3M for each 10 thousand cars ------ too much for the profit line?

But --- its over now----- the 'taint' has gone ------- and at last the 997C2-PASM is as predictable/smooth in corners as my 1995 NSX------ and in many ways nicer....so agile.....should be as the 997 is 15 years newer in design potential!

The NSX was, and still is, a fantastic car for a 1990 design ----- although they refined it continually ...... 1995,7,02 ..... as often as the 911, and almost to the year without changing the 'type' number...

Bonne Chance to those who are now going to fix their Carreras ------

Cheers KiwiCanuck

Great post... and thread, Canuck.

I look forward to the upcoming mag issue.
Per circulation figures Pete cited recently, it sounds like you're about to get the assist (hockey, eh ) on the remedy for this handling quirk... the toast of 50,000+ Excellence readers. This internet thing is pretty cool...