Quote:
Gary(SF) said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
>>Our F430's braking performance was even better than the Lambo's - 151 feet from 70 mph, 11 feet better than the result posted by the "Lords of Envy" coupe. This is as it should be, considering the optional $15,364 carbon-ceramic brake package.<<

2nd article that mentions Ferrari's CCM's stopping better than steel and also read one on Porsche PCCB's stopping quicker than steel. A PCCB turbo recently broke one mag.'s 60-0 all time record.

That's the way to spec. a minimum option spider F1 430 anyway. At $229k w/ CCM's, Racing Seats (no more I guess) & shields, imo the 3 most important have to have's. Good article.

I know this has been posted before, but there is likely to be no difference in stopping distances between ceramic and conventional brakes. Iron brakes have enough braking power to invoke abs, so the only difference will be in tires and test conditions. Now if you're talking feel and fade resistance, for sure the ceramics are superior, but for one all-out stop from 80 or whatever, where fade is not an issue, all other things being equal the iron brakes stop just as quickly.

Gary

I know, you're right it's been posted before numerous times & I keep hearing it posted based on people's guesses/opinions/what they want to be true I guess? - 'iron brakes stop the same distance as ceramics' but have seen at least three different measured tests where ceramics stop in less distance than iron. Granted they haven't been real tests of each braking system on the same car/conditions but each one seems to be the same result - ceramics stop in less distance than iron/steel. But if anything the spider should take longer to stop because of a slightly greater weight than the coupe, not the other way around but it's definitely not conclusive because of all the other factors that may have effected the results including the biggest one; the condition of the brakes on the test car.

I am however beginning to think the opinion where people keep posting ' iron stops the same distance as ceramics' may just be another message board myth like the 'ceramics costs a lot more money to maintain then steel/iron.' where the exact opposite is the actual truth.