pmarkow:
Carlos from Spain:

On the contrary, usually those that care a lot about what others think will preffer the more flashy attention grabbing design, and those that do not prefer a more inconspicuous conservative elegant desing, of course you cant generalise, the are many exceptions but asca general rule that it the case. And in the case of the 911 its design has an added value in its classical instantly recognisable and timeless shape and curves that generations have grown up cherishing, again not everyone, some who are not real fans of the 911 dont see or appreciate that.

what worked decades ago may not work any more today. 

Judging by the success of the modern 911 today I'd say its working pretty well in this case Smiley

normally de opposite in my book when you need to go that easy route to catch attention, like a woman full of plastic surjeries, heavy make up, and flashy clothing vs a woman with understated natural clean beauty who doesnt need to flaunt it, or a classic Rolex model vs a flashy gucci or whatever watch.

In my case the reason why I also dont like flashy and in your face designs is not only the image it protrays, but also that attention that it grabs seriously detracts from my driving pleasure, getting by more unnoticed when driving the car and being more stealth is a good thing, as it allows me to drive how I want to by nor being in a spotlight, and so I can push the car more, and drive it more, enjoy it more driving it and not parading around in it.

Carlos, this last argument is hard to follow. speed cams don't distinguish between cars and i was always treated very well with my 'flashy' ferrari in italy and austria. much better than in all other cars i had before and much better than in the GT3RS. and btw, there is nothing more 'in-your-face' than porsche GT cars. they have an aftermarket look to everyone except us few cognoscenti.

Its not about how you are treated, thats not a problem, its while you are driving, when driving "sportly" its best to go under the radar and not drag a spotlight on you, also important if you use the car daily instead of a drive on the weekend.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS