MKSGR said:
Quote:
Rossi said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
Fanch said:
Thank you for your notes.
I'll look into tan interior but it must get dirty quite quick. I'll check anyway thanks.
Re track days, I've also read in the press it's a surprisingly agile car, but it still weighs 1700 kgs!
Better leave the track to cars like 911 GT3 or 430 CS IMO.

The "dirt problem" also concerned me (and was the primary reason why I never seriously considered tan in previous years).

However, my dealer told me that (a) tan is much less susceptible to dirt than beige or sand colored beige and (b) that a regular cleaning during service intervals would be more than enough to keep the leather like new. I also read on some forums that tan should get a nice "patina" over the mid to long term. In summary, I think, it is worth trying...

The reason for risking it is simple: when I sat in this tan interior the impression was really excellent. So bright and high-end looking. Black, in my opinion, does not look 50% as nice. That was the point when I made up my mind and switched to tan (in my case with Daytona Black as the exterior color - although, I am still considered a dark blue, maybe even Pozzi, as an alternative)

Did you also consider cuoio as interior colour? A little bit darker than tan, so even more stain-resistant, but still light enough to give you a whole new impression of an interior in comparison to black.

In fact I'm thinking about cuoio as my next interior colour, with black carpets and accents like dash board as in your case. Cuoio should also work with rosso corsa.

Cuoio is also quite nice. However, after sitting in a car with Tan interior and in another with Cuoio leather my preference was easily determined... Tan is absolutely great looking on the 599! Don't know why. The overall looks are simply stunning. Might be different in case of the 430 though

Currently I'm thinking about the F430-successor as follows:
rosso corsa (it has to be ), cuoio interior with black carpets, upper dash in black as well as steering wheel, lower part in cuoio and also black-cuoio for the doors. Stitching in colour of the leather, as I don't really like deviating stitching. I guess there will be CF parts in that car also, so IMO that will make a very good looking combination.

Sounds good Black carpets, carbon etc. go very well with beige colored leather. Nice contrast - and also quite practical. I don't see how one could order a steering wheel in Crema for example...

BTW, for those who have not yet seen the below threads: they provide some guidance on the various beige colored leathers Ferrari offers (i.e. Cuoio, Tan, Sabbia, Crema):

www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120133&page=3
www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135812
www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129489

P.S.: The seconds picture in the first link (the metallic red 599 with beige interior) demonstrates how nice Tan in combination with carbon contrasts looks