since I have a friend that owns a dealership, not a Porsche though, when I wanted to sell one of my cars he told me a price that made me furious so I searched somewhere else and I found a really better deal...

dealers usually make 1k for small town cars and for premium cars like Porsche etc they make at least 10k...in order to do that they basically rip off the ones who trade their cars for a new one and then they do some extra ripping off to the potential used car buyer additionally, when the car is 1-2 years old, they don't change anything...just resale it and get the premium...

down here they even change the mileage indication...there was this time when a guy visited my friends and he had a Merc he wanted to exchange...he told them he had bought it used and had the car for around a year during which he made about 20k kilometers with it so the car then had something like 40k kilometers on the speedo...yeah right!!! they took it to a Merc dealer, plugged it into the computer and turned out that the car actually had more than 200k kilometers!!! what had happened??? a "smart" dealer bought the car from Germany, we import many used cars from there down here, at a ridiculous price obviously since it had so many kilometers on it, "improved" the speedo indication by something like 160k, and sold it at the regular used price...imagine how much did he make from that...