Quote:
oliver said:
One day or another, they, we, will have to consider the fact that our passion pollutes twice or three times as much as a regular car. Porsche should be ahead of the crowd on this subject, as they're supposed to have huge amounts of cash available and the best engineers. What the heck are they doing, pushing the power up to 550hps? It's against intelligence! Porsche likes his cars to be perceived as special cars for special people, but I think that if they don't change drastically they will one day become cars for idiots, I mean environnement unconscious people

The HP increases are the result of the extra weight needed to meet continously escalating safety standards.

And if you drive a 964 or a 993 it likely produces two to three times the pollution of of a 997 that has far more power.

Most cars sit for 80% of their lives. If you are going to look at emissions etc.. you have to look at the entire process it takes to regulate and build cars.

I have no doubt that the EU offices create way more pollution from their daily work, building materials, power consumption, the paper they print on, office expendables and travels than Porsche does.

A comprehensive A to Z eco and emissions survey of the EU offices and employees is needed. They might be shocked as to how much pollution governments themselves create on all levels.