nberry:

Tim, I thought the 918 VIP program only applied to the US. Also, it's my understanding that in the US allocations given to the 918 VIP's do not reduce the number of allocations to the dealership. In others words, VIP allocations do not count against the total given to the dealer.Smiley

Canada has a modified VIP program that wasn't publicly disclosed, didn't really need to as originally it only concerned like 27 individuals and now that list is down to 15 or less.

The VIP first dib status is there as long as one keeps their 918. Once it's sold the status is gone.

For number limited cars, Porsche Canada is the one assigning allocations to the customers then the allocation is assigned to the selling dealership. 

For non-number limited cars, Porsche Canada works the same way as PCNA. 918 customer cars don't takeaway from normal dealer allocations. 918 customer orders automatically takes priority within the system, so they get allocations first even before dealers gets their own. But that only happens with newly launched cars which are in hot demand. But for normal cars, like my Cayenne Turbo S, my dealer actually sold me their production slot and didn't request a replacement from Porsche Canada. 

--