Quote:
VKSF said:
Quote:
Rossi said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:
Whenever I would be driving the F430 I would tell myself: the 599 is faster in a straight line, the 599 is faster on the track, the 599 has a V12, the 599 has a better F1 gear-box etc.

Isn't that logical? The 599 is the newer car with the more advanced technology. When the 430 replaced the 360, you could have said the same about the 430 compared to the 575, only the other way round with the V8 being superior to the more expensive V12 (except of the sheer number of zylinders ). Was the 430 the better car then? I'd say no, both were highly desirable, the 430 as a midengined sports car, the 575 as a fantastic GT-sportscar.

The best model is always the car that has been presented last and this is what the car industry keeps on going.

Well said, Rossi

Doubt sophisticated buyers are as enamored by relative MSRP/hp/produc vol figures as many may believe....

Few yrs back when Enzo was new, latest-tech F flagship, knew a jaded owner of Enzo who actually preferred driving his then-new 360CS...viewed his CS as a more fun drive...

Know several current/former 65 owners who are eager to "trade-down" to new CL63 w/030, as they look forward to a chassis/tq balance w/useable traction vs real-world pavement...and like fact that 63 motor is some 250lb lighter than the old-tech, heavy 65 motor....

The rapid pace of today's tech/power advances is great, but most smart guys only care about them if they successfully translate to daily-useable/enjoyable power, precision and feel in real-world conditions....

Just a word of caution: the CL63 appears to be an underperformer. Just read the second test with unfavourable results (i.e. 0-200 in around 18s (!))... Personally, I would rather stick with the CL600 ... and wait for the CL65