MKSGR:

Interesting Smiley Although, over the last 10 days or so, I heard from several people that they will not accept the invitation to buy one. Maybe the number of cars sold will finally be limited by demand. The alternatives are interesting and the GT2RS is aggressively priced for being a rather conventional car. Also, I think, Porsche pissed of some long-term customers. I am not sure if the decision to launch the GT2RS was good at all. The damage to the brand seems not small if I listen around...

Absolutely and I am one of them!

After 4 Porsche GT models, I have now an AMG GTR on order with delivery in 1st quarter 2018.

Reason: I am pissed off about the about 7,000 units produced by Porsche of the 991 GT3 RS. They have simply killed the exclusivity of this car model and its residual value.

Also, after a test drive of the AMG GTR, I realised that AMG is able to offer a much nicer driving experience on the road at low speed/revs thanks to an unbelievable engine/exhaust noise. And it is a high performing car on track too which is important to me.

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3