crayphile:

@Herbaliser - Thanks for the review. Very surprised by your comments about the 488 sounding better than the 458 though. My response to a first aggressive downshift in my 488 Spider was to go out and buy a 458 Speciale to join the Speciale Aperta -  which I am really glad I did. There will never be a greater NA mid-engined V8 Ferrari. Not surprised by your comment on the steering feel in the 720S though - if its anything like the 570 it must be superb - benefit of staying hydraulic.It will be interesting to drive an 812 and see how that feels with its new trickery. I have written before as you have that when stepping from a Ferrari to a McLaren you always feel you are stamping on the McLaren's brakes to make anything happen in a 650S, though it was much better in the 675LT. I have just sold the latter as I think the 720S is going to be so good, and inevitably there will be an LT version of it.

The 488 steering is lighter and probably even more direct than the 720s steering - this combination makes it feel a bit more synthetic in the 488, I feel.

Also, the low weight and stiffness of the 720s in combination with the superb steering makes another big difference to the 488 as the 720s feels extremely cart like as a result.