RC:

Surprising. Also, the sound is a bit different than on my R8 (my R8 is MY 2016, while the Spyder is MY 2017), which could be related to the sound perception Coupe vs. Spyder though. I like the sound of my Coupe better because it sounds more like a trumpet. Another weird thing: The Spyder has those very aggressive and loud "spitting" sounds when releasing the throttle, my R8 Coupe barely makes them.

My friends R8 V10plus makes this spitting noise, too. You know, 27 of my friends got those cars and they all sound comparable. No difference between V10plus Coupe and R8 Spyder. 

- The Spyder lacks the luggage room behind the seats. I can basically fit three carry on trolleys behind the rear seats of my Coupe, not such thing possible in the R8 Spyder. There is only an additional small "glove" compartment.

Huge issue on the Spyder - my friends are saying that they cant even take the car for a weekend trip. 

- Power feel is similar to Coupe (which has 70 hp more), you won't notice much difference, especially not if you didn't have a direct comparison. The acceleration from standstill without(!) launch control isn't as aggressive as in the Coupe (different throttle setup I guess) and in the upper rev range, the engine seems to operate a little bit less freely than in the stronger Coupe. Otherwise, you won't feel slow or under-powered on the Autobahn or any other roads.

That surprises me. I would have expected a much stronger difference. Also - the weekend was very hot - maybe that was taking away already 5% of your HP?

On the other side - you hardly fee a difference between a 991 Carrera and a 991 Carrera S. Same there - when Rev'ing you feel it, but on the daily ride you hardly feel it. 

- Wind deflector in the R8 Spyder is basically pointless. 

Big bummer. Sometimes it is nice to run a convertible and have some relaxing moments where wind and noise goes down.

Conclusion: I was seriously thinking of getting a R8 V10 Plus Spyder at some point but now? Not anymore. I like the Spyder a lot but this is not a car for me, too many downsides vs. my R8 Coupe, which is very surprising. 

Like always - on those sunny days it is fun having a convertible. But if you compare sports cars one on one, the Coupe is always the better car. 

Oh, everyone seems to love the color...camouflage green (but not matte!).

Can you send more pictures of the color please. I was thinking of "if getting one" getting a Bundeswehr-green car. So, would be interesting to see this color.

Thanks for the summary!