nberry:

To each his own. But driving a RWD light weight 700 hp car on public streets is to quote Walliser insane. It would be like fitting a suit on jello. 

Fwiw, Porsche's are not about hp. kiss

Nick, I'm not a big fan of the GT2 RS, never have been. A Turbo RS (with AWD) would make much more sense in my opinion, for various reasons. Porsche is however about tradition and...profit (of course). 

Do you really think that people would buy a McLaren 720S with 500 hp only? Smiley The excessive straight line performance and power has caught a lot of attention, McLaren has actually set the bar much higher and put a lot of pressure on Porsche and Co. We would have never seen 700 hp in the GT2 RS without the pressure from the competition, especially McLaren.

To be blunt here: As a diehard Porsche fan, I feel more attracted to the upcoming 991.2 GT3 RS. Shouldn't look less good than the GT2 RS, is definitely cheaper, more "drivable" (and enjoyable) for the average skilled driver and could be the really last n/a Porsche 911 ever. 

My dealer told me I should get the GT2 RS because it is like having a jackpot in the lottery. I know exactly what he was referring to but I am a driver, not a speculator. Yes, I would tremendously enjoy driving the GT2 RS but since I barely drive on tracks anymore, this car doesn't make much sense for me. Unless of course I would want to show off but I think that someone who gets a R8 instead of a Huracan doesn't really have the desire or need to show off. Smiley Smiley

So who should get this car? Definitely anyone who can afford getting one but not people who barely get the money together in the hope to get the ultimate track tool. They won't, unless they have the skills.

Like Nick said...Porsche cars aren't always necessarily about power...even if power attracts. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)