Quote:
charliepug said:
Be careful, a well tuned STI with bigger turbo's, higher modified turbo-boost, intercoolers, dump-pipe/exhaust, fuel injectors & pump will easily run into the 11's 1/4 mile. They're not that expensive, and there's a handful of older model pre-2000 Rexes that runs 9-10's. Of course standard factory STI's will not outrun a 997 base or S.

I totally agree...you see my cousin has a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo I tuned to around 330-350PS...for those who aren't from europe, check it out here http://www.supercars.net/cars/2535.html

anyways..it's got a wider and more free exhaust, external wastegate, bigger intercooler, forged pistons, uprated clutch blah blah blah...one night we played with a 997 C2S from 3rd to 4th and the result was the same with the one you can see in this video only the Lancia was ahead...and we were 4 people in the car!!! while he was alone...so as you can see a tuned rally car can easily humiliate you...I love porsches and supercars in general but it's the reality...no evo scubby or whatever can in no way much the quality, posture and overall perfomance of a porsche or any other upscale car...but nowadays so many products are offered and anyone with around 20k euros to spend can live the thrill of exotic perfomance...sad but true...